Those parents, who for the first time buy bottles for feeding for their crumbs can, benefit from those useful tips on how to clean baby bottles that are willingly shared by more knowledgeable mothers and experts. Milk is a fragile food where microbes are easily developed.
Since the bottle often has to be washed, cleansing of the remnants of milk or a mixture, you need to buy a suitable brush to avoid scraping the bottom with a spoon. A strong pressure of water for washing is also not enough. The most difficult areas for washing - the bottom and neck, so choose a sufficiently bristly hard. That the rests of food in a bottle are better washed, you can use a little money for washing children's dishes.
When washing bottles, remove all components (teats, rings, stopper) and wash them individually. To avoid the risk of burns, never heat a bottle in the microwave oven.
Step by Step: How to clean baby bottles
- Just after giving the bottle to baby, empty the bottle.
- Rinse the baby's bottle with tap.
- Unfasten the baby's bottle by separating the nipple, the ring and the cap of the bottle.
- Immerse baby bottle, nipple, ring and cap in hot water with dishwashing liquid.
- Thoroughly clean all parts with the brush without forgetting to rub the thread and turn the nipple.
- Rinse Abundance.
- After first rinsing baby bottles with cold water, you can place them in your dishwasher using a full specific cycle. The teats will be washed separately with washing-up liquid.
Sterilizing the bottle: how to sterilize baby bottles?
Every time before you use a bottle for feeding, it must be sterilized. To do this, you have to boil it for 10 minutes. The purpose of the sterilization is to complete the bottle cleaning step in order to destroy microbes that could develop in baby bottles. To suit baby's needs, sterilization for baby's baby bottles is recommended until the age of 4 months. Upstream, a good cleaning of the baby bottle must be sterilized.
However, it is topical to no longer sterilize. For this, the perfect cleaning of the bottle must be ensured!
Then there are different ways to sterilize baby bottles. It will be better if you get a special sterilizer. So you can do it simply with a pot of water or buy a sterilizer of baby bottles in the trade.
The teats and bottles are immersed in boiling water for a duration of 20 'for the bottles and 5' for the teats. Thus, a casserole or large saucepan will suffice for this mode of sterilization.
Buying a Bottle Sterilizer: Guide and Tips
The cold bottle sterilizer uses a tray (capacity of 6 bottles on average) and pellets. . Once dissolved in cold water, sterilization of baby bottles is possible after 30 minutes of immersion thanks to a chemical principle that is safe for children. Not requiring an electrical connection, this bottle sterilizer is appreciated by travelers. On the other hand, the odor of persistent chlorine (non-toxic) will hinder some. Cold Sterilizer has got storage compartment included in basket drip tray and locking the lid.
Equipped with a resistance that heats water at high temperatures, the electric bottle sterilizer sterilizes the bottles in 10 to 15 mn thanks to water vapor. This electric sterilizer is a quick and easy way to sterilize. Only its bulk and price can hinder its purchase.
- Double function: bottle warmer, steam cooking + bottle sterilizer. Model of high capacity (6 to 9 bottles).
- Locking the cover.
- Retractor for storing the electrical wire.
- Removable basket.
- The capacity in number of baby bottles.
- The time of the sterilization cycle.
- Compatibility with your baby bottles.
- Easy cleaning.
- Automatic shut-off for the electric bottle sterilizer.
The microwave sterilizer makes it possible to sterilize 4 to 6 bottles in 10 min. (The fastest bottle sterilizer).
It consists of a tray containing a bottom of water associated with a lid. To place directly in your microwave oven, this sterilizer bottle will recreate the principle of the oven. Small, light and inexpensive, the Microwave Bottle Sterilizer is one of the favorites. Microwave sterilizer bottle sterilizer sold with baby bottles. Storage compartment includes in basket drip tray. Dual function of the sterilizer bottle: sterilization cold or microwave.
Whatever the method chosen, it will be necessary to respect certain points:
- Bottles and nipples must be thoroughly washed. First, there is no point in sterilizing a badly washed material The use of a bottle sterilizer can only be done after thoroughly cleaning the baby's bottle, ring and nipple by brushing with a brush and liquid soap to remove any milk deposits. The slightest trace of milk could turn into "culture broth"!
- Then, after having rinsed them abundantly, comes the time to use the sterilizer of feeding bottles.
- Rings and nipples must be 'nested' before sterilization to avoid manipulation afterwards.
- The sterilization time must be respected.
- The hands are washed before touching the sterilized material.
- After sterilization, the bottle must be reassembled, closed until its use and kept in a clean fridge.
- The bottles are usable for 24 hours.
- Discard the remaining milk when your baby has finished drinking.
- Sterilization can destroy bacteria that could cause infections like gastroenteritis. Proper bottle cleaning is essential to your child's health.